1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ragnarok online crashes my computer

Discussion in 'Games' started by khilona, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khilona

khilona Thread Starter

Greetings

I have been playing Ragnarok online for the past 2 months. About 2 weeks back, my computer crashed while playing and refused to start. I was getting ramdom errors..either in the Bios screen, while windows was loading[BSD] or when it somehow started, reboots. Then,the whole drive was automatically formatted.

NOw I have reformatted the whole drive all over again and reinstalled XP and Ragnarok. Still, if I start playing Ragnorok, my computer reboots after 20 minutes..and hangs in the bios screen itself. I have to leave my computer alone for like 1 hour before I can reuse my computer. I know it is not due to overheating as I can play any other heavy duty game easily for hours. Morever, the overheat shutdown has been disabled in the bios

My configuration

Fujitsu Computer
    AMD XP 1800 series
    Windows XP SP1
    512 MB ram
    Geforce 2 Ti [64MB ram]
    Direct X 9c
    80+40Gb HDs

Regards

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

Hello there. Welcome to TSG.

First thing, disabling the overheat shutoff in bios is not a real good idea. It's there to protect your components from going up in smoke.

Second, what your describing almost sounds more like a Motherboard or memory problem, or possibly hardware conflict. What were the error messages that you were receiving?

3. khilona

khilona Thread Starter

Hiya Deathblow,
    Sorry for taking time to reply.. My computer somehow came to know that I complained about it and took time to start :D
    I just realized that it is not just Ragnarok Online anymore which crashes my computer. It is crashing by itself :(
    I don't exactly remember the error messages as they don't appear anymore. My computer however, has started behaving erratically . I disabled the full screen logo at bootup. Now I can see the Bios getting stuck. It reaches "detecting IDE drives" and gets stuck sometimes.. I get only 'Detec' or "De'..But most of the times, even that part is not reached.Only 5% of the times, it reaches the Windows 'Welcome' screen and reboots automatically.
    Once, I got a wonderful multicolor screen at POST screen. And another time, the screen had been shifted a bit to the right i.e "Detecting" was just ""ecting" on the left side and "det" on the right side of the screen
    I enabled the overheat shutoff btw and updated my Windows to SP2. Still, the same
    A guy had come down to check my computer. He says there is something wrong with the AGP card. But then, how can my computer run normally now and then?

Regards

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!