1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RAID 0 Offline Need Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Druisagoldengod, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Druisagoldengod

Druisagoldengod Thread Starter

Check this guys thread

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=39436

I have nearly the same problem. Instead of getting new video cards I just updated my video card drivers. I have tried reactivating the drive to no avail. No error message comes up, it just sits there a moment and doesn't do anything. I have tried deleting the array and recreating it as suggested in another thread to no avail. I am looking to not loose the information that is stored on this drive. Microsoft says to contact their support staff which of course I would, but for $35 bucks??? I trust yall's advice over theirs anyhow.

Mobo - Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
    Video Card - 2ea MSI Nvidia NX7900 GT HD Version SLI linked.

Also, if in fact, its hosed, is there a good free RAID recovery tool any of yall would suggest?

Suggestions?

Dru

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First post your exact specs ie what drives you are using, are they connected to an onboard controller or are you using a real raid card, etc.
    Next looking at someone else’s thread does no real good. Post your problem ie what you did and what has now occurred.

Have you tested the drives with the drive maker's utility for checking drives?

FWIW running raid0 without a backup plan is just asking for a problem. You must have a drive that is not part of the array to backup data.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice