1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Raid-0 or 1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rob40, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob40

rob40 Thread Starter

Hi i would like to combine a 500gb sata and a 160gb sata together.
    how do get the right form of raid to use?i currently have 3 hard Drives.
    an 80gb ide a 160gbsata, and a new WD 500gb sata.my motherboard is aasus M2N4-SLi.
    my videocard is an evga 8600GT 512MB,psu is a Rocketfish 700 Watt.
    any help would be nice thankyou.

2. BG-0

BG-0

Why do you want to use them in RAID? Whatever the reason, you should always use the same kind (capacity, speed, cache, whatnot) of hard drives in a RAID array. An old 160GB HDD will be very much slower than a new 500 GB one, so it will not increase, rather decrease performance, and anyways... First tell your goal of using RAID?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice