1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RAID 1 disc issue, help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chris Hurn, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Hurn

Chris Hurn Thread Starter

Hey guys.

Yesterday I started up my PC (Win8, 64bit), everything was fine. I used it to check emails etc. Came back after lunch and it was a black screen. I restarted, and then suddenly was presented with 'Raid 1 status Verify (in yellow)' on the initial black startup screen. I think it usually says normal, or something to that effect. My friend built this PC for me so I have no idea what any of this really means, and a RAID setup like this was probably not ideal for me, as I have no idea what I'm doing with hardware.

Anyway so after letting the PC hang for about 10 minutes with the windows logo and the spinning wheel, I finally get the log in screen. Windows started very, very sluggish.

I went into task manager, and the disc activity under performance was at 100%. I let it sit for a few hours, and now it's sitting at 0% but it will go up to 5% or 10% or more every few seconds or so, it's writing data somewhere.....what is it doing?? Right now my PC seems to be working fine and I am able to work and do heavy processing etc without any problems. I can also copy data on the drive without any delays etc. Could it just be its always writing data as a RAID drive?

I'm not sure if I should turn my computer off again, because last time it took me a long time to get into windows.

What's happening here? Do I need to 'verify' the drive somehow? If so how can I do that. I've heard of RAID monotiring software but it wouldn't work for me. My friend said it was a RAID hardware setup in the bios so software to monitor seems to be out of the question. I'm really confused. Right now my PC seems stable, and is acting normal, but if I shut it down I'm worried I will have to repeat this process all over again until it's 'verified' or whatever it needs to do.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice