1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Raid 1 - Hard drive replacement problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hamthis, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamthis

hamthis Thread Starter

I have a raid 1 setup in my server running 2003 and I can not get the new hard drive to run"add raid".

The full story.

I have a server running windows 2003 server. The scsi card is AIC-7902. I can get into the Ctrl+A on boot up but i can not access any hardware Raid setup screen (ctrl+i) is there something I am missing. Is it only a scsi control card and not a raid card? The only place i can get to access the new drives is in the disk management area.

I can actually get the bad hard drive to mount and resinc but it has passed its failure prediction threshold which means it is going to fail soon. That is why i bought two new scsi hard drives to replace the one bad drive. I was planning on doing them one at a time to refresh the two 7 year old drives.

Here is the kicker I currently have 68.49 gb(allocated space) and the new drive i just bought is at 68.36 gb. I know that it is suppose to be at the same size right? I ordered two 73.4 IBM hard drives to replace both 73.4 maxtor hard drives.

Does anyone know if i need to replace the new drives with another 73.4 drive hoping that it will be the same capacity unallocated at 68.50 as the IBM drive?

Is there another work around?

2. hamthis

hamthis Thread Starter

any help here????

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973477

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice