1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Raid Array set one disk failed trying to re-integrate into system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Johnny 5, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny 5

Johnny 5 Guest Thread Starter

I had to identical 80GB Seagate SATA drives set up as a Raid, don't remember the number but they were a mirror of each other and Win XP Pro was on them, one was drive C and the start up. They were drives 3 & 4 in BIOS I had 2 IDE drives as 1 & 2. MOBO is ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. Something failed on drive C, set BIOS to non RAID connected the mirror drive I believe that it was designated J changing the drive letter to C so the registry would still function. Some things still see that drive as J most don't including the system hardware.

I would like to put the drive back in the system, but each time I reconnect it the system either fails to start or takes 20 minutes to start and then nothing works correctly or spontaneous. I suspect that the system is seeing both drives as C and therefor goes nuts trying to figure out which one is the real C drive.

I have since installed Win 7 on a logical portion of one of the other drives. I have not tried to connect that drive using Win 7.

I think I may have a malicious software lurking somewhere on my home built system, but one issue at a time.

Results from Sysinfo:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3070 Mb
    Graphics Card: RADEON 9800 PRO, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 76316 MB, Free - 17630 MB; D: Total - 131069 MB, Free - 45144 MB; E: Total - 114463 MB, Free - 45563 MB; F: Total - 21555 MB, Free - 2427 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., P4C800-E, Rev 1.xx, MB-1234567890
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice