RAID Array setup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jlabit

I currently have a K7N2 motherboard with 2 Seagate 80 gb 7200 RPM hard drives and am thinking about setting them up in a RAID configuration. I am pretty good at building my own machines, but to be perfectly honest, I know absolutely nothing about setting this up. Any one know where I can go to get info for this project? I Googled it but the info that came up was not very helpful. Does it take a certain kind of motherboard for this? Do I need to purchase other hardware? Any help that you may provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jim

Hey Jim,
Is that a K7N2 Delta-L or a K7N2 Delta-ILSR? Only the ILSR will run raid. Otherwise you can get a raid PCI card.

jlabit

It is the standard K7N2 that came out first. I looked up specs on it at MSI website and didn't see anything about RAID capability. Is that something normally built on the motherboard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online