1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Raid failure, and inability to progress to next step: Need immediate help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TiberLifeGenius, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiberLifeGenius

TiberLifeGenius Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 44 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 12
    RAM: 24567 Mb
    Graphics Card: Quadro 5010M 2GB
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 106836 MB, Free - 53078 MB; D: Total - 99 MB, Free - 25 MB; E: Total - 359999 MB, Free - 38428 MB;
    Motherboard: CLEVO CO., X7200
    Antivirus: Bitdefender 1015
    ======
    Update Feb 13th 11:10pm

I've been booting to Windows 8 PE [a special version with lots of utilities]
    and I've twice backed up the RAID array, and both have apparently failed.

The first:
    I used ReclaiMe Free Raid Recovery: and it made a copy of my recovered RAID array, and I put it on a 500gb SATA drive:
    but the drive image didn't boot correctly: it was missing a windows logo when it booted, and it had 2 users: Admin and [my name] but neither would boot right.
    The admin would boot up, but showed a blank desktop and failed completely. The [my name] normally has a fingerprint access, which was unavailable, and wouldn't even accept characters into the password field. It was a dead end.

The second: I used DiskInternals Raid Recovery 3.1, and it did a [complicated] raid analysis for me: I think I did the right thing by taking a 448gb Raid array file, and exporting it to a .dsk file: That was the size of my RAID array, of 2 disks -- it should have been everything.

Here's where things are complicated, and where I'm stuck:
    -The .dsk file was opened, and all it said inside was that it had a file called STORAGE.
    -I found 2 programs that opened .dsk files, only 1 worked: WinImage: and I used to to clone the entire .dsk image to the SATA array:
    This completed around 1 hour ago --- but the raid 0 array did not boot, and the disk does not have any files on it. After 4 hours of data transfer, and moving the .dsk file to my Raid 0 array:
    My raid 0 array currently says this: 447 GB -- Unallocated. I am almost completely certain the .dsk image was successful: so what do I do now?

What do I do now, with my .dsk image transferred to the 2 HDs in Raid 0 -- how do I recover my file system, and once again make it a bootable OS again?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice