1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Raid inquiry!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 5thStreetHound, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5thStreetHound

5thStreetHound Thread Starter

:)Let me ask a hypothetical question here that one of you nice people might be able to shed some light on. If you’re doing a raid 1 mirrored drive set up. Let say one drive dies, you get the critical error message and replace that drive with a new one that is identical. Will it automatically load the new drive upon boot or is there other criteria involved. Thanks for your help, Bob

870A-G54 bios 17.7, Phenom II X4-970, 4X2GB G Skill DDR3-1600, 2X1TB WD1002FAEX in Raid 1, Graphics card=Old HD2600 Pro Viper, PS=OCZ 600 watt, Windows 7 64 bit

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

At the same time you get an error message, some sort of rebuild option should also pop up or be ready when the drive is replaced and it will either do it automatically or when you give it the ok to use the drive in the RAID 1. I don't know for sure since mine has yet to fail or give any error message, but there has to be an easy solution or its not very useful to place two drives in RAID 1 in the first place.

3. 5thStreetHound

5thStreetHound Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, I agree but that is whats happening to me. Just a message that says critical and nothing else. Even when I insert another drive into the array. The board does not ask me to do anything. Strange. Bob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice