1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Raid0 with Partition Magic

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by herne70, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. herne70

herne70 Thread Starter

I have an AbitKT7A-RAID and have 2x30GB on a RAID0/Stripe and wonder if I can use Partition Magic to create partitions......if so are there any problems to look out for as I cannot find anything written on the subject?

2. Rockn

Rockn

There are a few things written on their web site, kind of confusing though. In one place it says that it supports RAID0 but it doesn't say what product. In another area it says server magic supports it. I would call a sales rep and get the real scoop.

3. wedor

wedor

I have used and still use Partition Magic 6 on RAID 10 arrays with no problem.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Guess we got the real-real scoop from a real user. I don't trust salesmen anyway....LOL

5. herne70

herne70 Thread Starter

Hi Wedor & Rockin

Thanks for the input and now I shall feel less apprehensive.

Do I just treat it as one 60GB Drive and partition it into say 2x30 or 4x15 etc?

6. Rockn

Rockn

THink about what you want to store on it and what need what amount of space. If you change your mind later you have PM and can resize them accordingly

7. herne70

herne70 Thread Starter

Thanks everyone and I have visited Google where there is quite a lot of useful information so now I shall have a try.......wish me luck!

8. wedor

wedor

People partition for many reasons. I personally will usually put the Operating system on its own smaller partition and then use the rest of the drive for data. That way if something goes bad on the OS I just wipe it out, start over, and all my data is still intact.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!