Rainbow 6 lagging for seemingly no reason

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

okDanny

So my brother got a new gaming pc recently and the first game he downloaded was rainbow 6. When we try to play it runs fine for a round or two but then the ping jumps to 200 and it becomes basically unplayable. The build is an HP prebuilt (we know it’s not great) HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0020, it has a ryzen 5 2400G and an RX 580 with 8gb ddr4-2666 SDRAM. When i run task manager nothing is over 80% but the game is still lagging, settings are on low.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the exact product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that HP desktop?

What's the brand name and exact model number and wattage of its power supply unit?

cpu.JPG

gpu.JPG

I would add another 8 GB of RAM and run that HP desktop with 16 GB.

------------------------------------------------

okDanny

What's the exact product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that HP desktop?

What's the brand name and exact model number and wattage of its power supply unit?

View attachment 277100

View attachment 277101

I would add another 8 GB of RAM and run that HP desktop with 16 GB.

------------------------------------------------
i’m not sure where to find the pn or sn for the pc but the power supply is HP branded 400w ENT18 EPA92

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
SN is 2MO92344NW, PN is 3LA92AA#ABA
You have THIS HP Pavilion 690-0020 Gaming Desktop.
It was purchased on 06/13/2019 in the U.S. and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

It also came with these hardware specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.60 GHz quad core processor
8 GB DDR4-2666 RAM (supports up to 32 GB)
1 TB SATA3 hard disk drive
AMD Radeon RX 580 4 GB GDDR5 graphics card (150W)
Realtek RTL8111SH gigabit ethernet
Realtek RTL8xxx 802.11ac wireless
400W SFF power supply (92% efficiency)

When playing on-line games, are you using a wired ethernet connection or a wireless connection?

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online