1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rainbow six siege freezes then crashes

Discussion in 'Games' started by Greekmclovin, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greekmclovin

Greekmclovin Thread Starter

i play siege fine they it randomly freezes, i can hear people talking then it crashes to desktop.

Attached Files:

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Check your temps for cpu while in game after about 5 minutes. It could be getting hot and throttling back because of that and then causing the freezing.

3. Greekmclovin

Greekmclovin Thread Starter

My CPU is at about 53 F as i open the game and when i play it goes to 70 -80 F. I have downloaded MSI Afterburner and raised my fan speed to about 85 but it still freezes and crashes.

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    That’s why. Your CPU is overheating and throttling itself back to prevent damage. Your cpus max temp is about 68-70C. That’s with running a stressing program like Prime95. You need to check your system to make sure the case fans are oriented correctly for proper airflow. You want it to suck air in from the back and exhaust it from the top and/or front depending on how your case is designed.

You then need to make sure you don’t have a faulty CPU fan as well. If everything above looks correct, then you may want to consider removing the old thermal paste and replacing it with new thermal compound, remembering to make sure you clean both the CPU cooler and CPU itself properly before adding the new paste. You need to use just the right amount of paste as well cause too little or too much can both cause this issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice