1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

rainmeter - Is it safe?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by computersarecool, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computersarecool

computersarecool Thread Starter

I would like to customize my windows xp computer more, but I was wondering, is this program safe? Will it work on my computer?

2. AtlBo

AtlBo

What are your CP specs computersarecool? Chances are it will work

I have Rainmeter set up using the Omnimo theme. I like the Omnimo theme, because the tiles can be individually sized and colored, and you have hundreds of choices of tiles and color schemes for them. If you google Omnimo, I'm sure the download site will show up. There are hundreds of themes for Rainmeter, though.

It's safe for me. I think Rainmeter is very popular, and I haven't read of any hacks to date. The only ways in would be through a weather or rss feed skin that I can think of.

If you decide to use Rainmeter, post any questions you have later about it, and I will try to answer them for you. There are an almost limitless number of ways to go with it.

Pic of the desktop attached...

Attached Files:

3. computersarecool

computersarecool Thread Starter

The computer I want to use it on has 512 MB RAM and a 200 GB hard drive, with an Intel Pentium III (Not much RAM, but its faster than my 4GB RAM laptop (go figure)

4. AtlBo

AtlBo

Well, computersarecool, the way I see it...

Shhhhh!....Tip coming in for you computersarecool from the resource racoon...ProcessLasso (Gaming Mode ON/Options->General->Recheck Processes every->250 milliseconds) AND GBoost (Advanced Yes in 3,5,6,8,9,10,14,15). Just try the two together. Two together use less than 1% on my core2duo machine. Try them on your laptop too. PLEASE try...

...I would say it can't hurt to try Rainmeter on your PIII. VERY light on resources (1% on my c2duo machine). I'll walk you through the setup if you need any help...

That said, the only system requirement I could find for Rainmeter is that you must have one of the following on your machine:

Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008

I've used it with NO problems on a P4 with XP...

5. John Burns

John Burns

I've used Rainmeter for a couple years - VERY light on resources required. No harmful aspects at all. I would recommend it if it suits your preferences.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!