1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter not connecting to wir

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Zarkzeugan, May 25, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Zarkzeugan

Zarkzeugan Thread Starter

My wireless driver it stopped connecting to my wireless network. I tried rolling back to the older verison,still refused to connect. I reinstalled the older version,but it still continues to not connect. I tried deleting the network profile and making a new one,but it still won't connect. The only way it will connect to the internet is via a hooked cabled. My specs are as follows. OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, Service Pack 1, 64 bit Processor: Intel i3 6th Gen Processor Count: 2 RAM, Intel integrated Graphics, Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3577 Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

There is not actually a service pack for windows 8 - as called by that name.
    Windows 8 was released in 2012 and should have been upgraded to 8.1
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-update-to-windows-8-1-2626252
    The original update to 8 - the 8.1 was released in 2014
    https://www.lifewire.com/windows-8-1-update-2626250

Additionally to that on Windows 8 you should be using Windows Defender - which is the current Windows 8.1 AV not Microsoft Security Essentials which is now used only on 7.

IF the system has bot been updated with the latest 8.1 updates then when you do so, you may well find that the wireless connection works

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Can you be more specific about what is happening when you try to connect? Does it tell you cannot connect?
    What is the wireless network? From a ISP provided modem/router?

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Do you only have 2GB of RAM and running a 64 bit version of Windows?

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Pretty sure that's the processor count. I had to look twice as well...

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I think it is as well
    That said I do not think we need to worry too much as - a response is not coming IMHO

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!