1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ralink wireless lan card not exist??

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kcombs816, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kcombs816

kcombs816 Thread Starter

Hi there,

I have a Rosewill RNX-G300EX/LX installed on my PC (it's an Acer, that's all I really know, and I'm running Windows7). I've had it for 9 months and never had a problem.

About an hour ago, I was browsing the internet when it suddenly disconnected. I thought it was my modem since I have a pretty shoddy service, but it isn't. I am still using it on my phone and it is working just fine.

The Windows network and sharing center is telling me that no connections are available, so I clicked on troubleshoot. I skipped where it told me to plug in an Ethernet cable, since I use a wireless adapter, and it told me that my wireless card is disconnected.

I thought maybe if I reinstalled it, it would fix it. So I uninstalled and reinstalled using the disc.

Now the Ralink icon on the desktop is black and when I hover over it it says "Ralink Wireless LAN Card Not exist"

What does this mean, and how do I fix it? Thank you.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    And it doesn't show up in Device Manager, not even as an "other device," right?

It may mean that the wireless card has died or maybe there is a problem with the slot (it's a PCI card, right?). Uninstall the driver and then physically remove and reinsert the card. If that doesn't help try it in a different slot if you have another spare or can switch it with another device.

3. kcombs816

kcombs816 Thread Starter

It worked! Thank you!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Great! You're welcome. :) Did the physical reinstall do it, or did you have to go to a different slot?

You can mark this solved using the [​IMG] button at the upper left of the page.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice