RAM and Motherboard Compatibility

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
Corsair runs great on that board. I have the same board.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Depending on whether you install and use 8 GB or 16 GB DDR4-2133 modules, these are the specs for them from the Crucial memory site:

Capture.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That's a 4 GB DDR4-2133 module for a laptop.

That motherboard has 4 DIMM slots and supports up to 64 GB(16 GB X 4) of DDR4-2133 RAM.
How much RAM do you plan to install in it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That motherboard has dual channel technology, so you need to install at least 8 GB(4 GB X 2) of RAM.

4 GB is also very little for a modern computer and will cause it to run like a turtle.

If you plan to use that computer for gaming, you should install at least 16 GB.

----------------------------------------------------------------

kbaskin52

I'm going to be using it to mine cryptocurrency, so RAM isn't so important to me. Will the motherboard not function at all with 4GB of RAM? Also, do I need to have two separate RAM sticks since it's dual core? For example, will (8 GB X 1) work just the same as (4 GB X 2), or will I need (8 GB X 2)?

Yes, that shows to be compatible, OUCH! They want $60 for one stick of Value ram.The Kingston HyperX FURY you linked to is a better deal for 2-4GB for $90
That board must take special memory. An I thought DDR3 was High!

kbaskin52

Tell me about it, wish I looked into the RAM before I bought the board... Rookie mistake, gotta do your due diligence!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online