RAM Compatible with the MSI Motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

garystan

Hi everybody :
I'm considering the MSI H110M-A Pro M2 Motherboard for my next build. I looked on newegg.com for compatible RAM, but most of the RAM chips list for the Z170 platform. Even though they do have 288 pins. I checked on the MSI website, but it didn't give enough information. Just the DDR4-2133 RAM chips. The other identifier would be the PC4-XXXXX number. I'm not sure where else to check. Thanks..........garystan

garystan

cjdriver :
I didn't realize that board was that old. How DO you tell if a board is old (or new)? Thanks for the advice. I was doing a parts list for a friend. His PC is incredibly slow. Thanks. garystan

garystan

cjdriver :
I just did a search on the H110 Chipset. The specs shown here state that this board DOESN'T have PCIE x16............geesh.......................I'm beginning to see what you mean. Back to motherboard shopping. Thanks....garystan

OverTallman

Jacky
cjdriver :
I just did a search on the H110 Chipset. The specs shown here state that this board DOESN'T have PCIE x16............geesh.......................I'm beginning to see what you mean. Back to motherboard shopping. Thanks....garystan
You gotta be kidding... just read its spec again. It clearly has a PCIe Gen3 x16 slot and what's better, it's a steel reinforced slot! crjdriver's gonna be happy to see that :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online