1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ram for 785GT-E63

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by watcher6342, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. watcher6342

watcher6342 Thread Starter

what would be the best RAM for this mobo (msi 785GT-E63). im in the process of building a new comp and would like some advice.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Here's the list of memory that MSI has tested: http://www.msi.com/uploads/test_report/TR10_1884.pdf

Also most memory manufacturer's do their own tests as well and if you go to their site they will show you compatible RAM. For example www.crucial.com, http://memoryselector.cnetchannel.com/ocztech/, and most other big brands have similar ones.

But if you are builind a new sytem and don't have this board then you may want o consider getting a board with DDR3 rather then DDR2.

Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128432 - this one also has USB 3.0 support.
    I prefer Gigabyte boards, better quality.

But if you do a comparison: Click to Compare

The Gigabyte is cheaper, and has better warranty, and more features.

3. watcher6342

yeah i prefer gigabyte boards too. on my first build that is what i used ,but on this build i am trying an msi board. i have it together now and it is not letting me run the driver disc for it, i have switched cables around and all it ever says is booting from disc. it sat there for 30 mins and it never even gave me a screen after that. i have no idea what to do next. hope i dont have a bad disc. ihave swapped out sata for ide and vice versa, also changed out cd roms and still nothing. do you have alot of experience with builds?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So you haven't installed Windows on it yet? What version of Windows are you planning on installing on it?

You do not need to boot from the driver disk.

5. watcher6342

well , once i can get the drivers and everything on the mobo disc to work, i will install win 7- 64 bit. i have it on my other build. my problem is trying to find out why the mobo disc wont auto play and let me install the drivers. the instructions told me to run the disc to get started.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    But you don't install the drivers until after you install Windows, otherwise there is nothing to install them too.

7. Compiler

Compiler

Boot with the Win7 disc, it'll take about 15 minutes. Then put in the motherboard disc and install the drivers.

8. watcher6342

ok , i have win7 installed. im gonna put in the driver disc now. which forum will i need to go to so i can find out why network magic shows wireless comps connected but i still do not have any internet?

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Networking?

10. watcher6342

? what about networking? i use network magic. but i cannot get connected to the internet on any of my wireless comps. ive tried everything, and still cannot find what the problem is.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The forum to ask your question would be the Networking forum. Provide all the details of how your home set up for the wireless internet in your post, and what can connect and what can't connect.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice