1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RAM Indication

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by donsor, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

I have (4) 1 Gig RAMs installed in my four DIMM Slots. However on the Belarc Advisor report it shows only three DIMM slots occupied and three 1 Gig RAMs installed. Does this have anything to do with the fact that my OS is WinXP 32 bit which limits the amount of RAM I can use to three or less?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Belarc Advisor is not 100% accurate in what it detects and displays.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Go here and allow the Crucial System Scanner to load and run.

After the scan is finished and a report is displayed, copy-and-paste the link to that webpage here so we can go there and view it.

Or you can just advise us if the report shows all 4 slots occupied with 1 GB modules.

-----------------------------------------------------------

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can also take a look at the BIOS screens when the computer boots up and see if shows 3 or 4 GB of RAM.

If it only shows 3GB then you may have a loose or faulty stick, you can remove all the RAM and then test each stick by itself.

Your OS will limit the usable RAM to a little over 3GB, usually 3.25 or 3.5GB but at the hardware level all 4 GB should be seen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice