RAM installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

steveboy109

I want to upgrade my RAM since i was looking for a way to increase my gaming performance and i wanted to get a new video card but I think more RAM would be the better option. I need to know what kind of RAM is compatible with my system. List the information you need here and how i can get to it if you need it.

steveboy109

Here is what crucial gave me

Maximum Memory Capacity: 3072MB
Currently Installed Memory: 512MB
Available Memory Slots: 1
Total Memory Slots: 3
Dual Channel Support: No
CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.50GHz Model 1, Stepping 2
CPU Speed: 1495 MHz

Each memory slot can hold SDRAM, PC133 with a maximum of 512MB per slot.*

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

I want to buy three of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/1GB-2x-512MB-PC...in_0?hash=item35a2a409c1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Will they work with my comp?

steveboy109

Make sure to check the specifications in the link to make sure it will work. You have to scroll down way down to see them.

Something doesn't seem right in the scan results you posted. It says maximum capacity is 3GB and there are 3 slots, yet the maximum memory per slot is 512MB. Those numbers just do not add up.

More than once I have had the Crucial scanner give me erroneous information about the RAM in more than one computer. I suggest you go back to the Crucial site and input the information about the computer manually. That can be done on the same page to the right of the "Scan My System" button. It's labeled "Crucial Memory Advisor Tool".

Raybro

steveboy109

Ok here's what i got when i input the model and make etc.

Maximum Memory: 1536MB
Slots: 3 (3 banks of 1)
Standard Memory: 256MB removable
USB Support: 1.x Compliant

Each memory slot can hold SDRAM, PC133 with a maximum of 512MB per slot.*

still wondering about the one on the site i listed ^^

OK... That makes more sense. It's a small thing in this case, but perhaps you can see why I don't particularly trust the scan feature.

Rabyro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online