Ram is at 620mhz?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krystianb12

Hello.
My Ram was originally 1333 Mhz Dual 2 x 2 GB Ram

Today in my Bios i have run the Auto overclock, which boosted my CPu speed from 3.00Ghz To 3.491Ghz
Amd Athlon ii x4 640.

But when i looked on Cpu - Z it said that my Dram Frequency is at 620Mhz? wasnt it meant to boost the ram instead making it twice as low Frequency could anybody explain to me if this made it slower? or is it just meant to be like that? Also the Nb Frequency is 2092.1Mhz

The Ram is Corsair 2Gb Stick in each slot,
Part Number :VS2GB1333D4

The Mhz is running at exacly half, as one of the Sticks is running at 667 and the other 666 which is exacly half of 1333? i dont understand why this happened.

krystianb12

I have found out that Dual ram, is meant to be multiplied so this means the ram still rumns at 1333Mhz, is this true? or shoud CPu-Z Display 1333Mhz Ram.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
CPU-Z reports the real or base clock of the memory, so in your case 667Mhz. Thats because you are using DDR - which stands for Double Data Rate. 667Mhz x 2 is 1333Mhz. It is not because it's running in Dual Channel mode which is something else.

See here for DDR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR_SDRAM

krystianb12

Oh right, but that still means that this is right? and my ram is still 1333Mhz?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online