1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RAM issue? Motherboard will handle 2GB of RAM..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bully78, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bully78

bully78 Thread Starter

1GB per stick. I have two brands, US Modular and Corsair. My computer will run with one of either stick on DIMM1 with no problems. HOWEVER...if I put the other stick in DIMM2, the computer will not even post.

Any ideas? I am stumped. 1GB is good for what I do, but 2GB would/could be even better.

Thanks.

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Only two DIMM slots on the motherboard?
    If there are 4 you might try the RAM in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4.

IF that does not work, post the specs of the RAM, if they do not match that may be the problem. IE 1 stick is #CAS 2.5 and the other #CAS 3, or if the voltages are different, again that could be an issue.

3. bully78

bully78 Thread Starter

give enough information to determine anything on voltage. My motherboard is a MSI K9MM-V, and I may need to make a voltage adjustment in the BIOS to make components run properly. BTW, I am new at this, so that last sentence is both a statement and a question. And yes, there are only two slots for memory on the mobo.

Thanks.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

What about the RAM. DO you have any more information on them?

How about pictures of the sticks, with the model/ specs in the pics?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice