1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Just4now, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Just4now

Just4now Thread Starter

Not sure if this has Been answered already which I'm sure it has but anyway here it goes. I use a notebook computer with 512MB of Ram. I know low by today's standards. Anywho this is my issue. My laptop is only showing that I have 384MB of Ram in system properties . I think I went to crucial or some place and it did detect that I had two 256MB of ram in both slots so I'm guessing it could be something simple. Well I'm hoping it's something simple actually, haha. So yeah hopefully someone can answer what is going on. anything that can get me on my way to figuring it out would be nice. Thank you

2. bonk

bonk Banned

You Video card could be using the Ram

3. Just4now

Just4now Thread Starter

Oh I see. I'm completely retarded when it comes to hardware or video cards.. or whatever. haha. Is there a way for the video card to stop sucking the life out of my ram? lol

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Is your Video Card 128mb.....

that would be correct 512 - 128 = 384

if you run your Video card using lower memory then the performance of it would suffer.

You could get more Memory

5. Just4now

Just4now Thread Starter

I guess that about solves everything. lol. Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice