RAM Issues...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zaroou

It's My Birthday!
I bought a computer off Dell with 256mb RAM and recently bought another 256mb RAM to add to it, but when I turn on the computer with the new RAM in place the computer won't start up and instead just makes beeping sounds. Does this mean the RAM I bought isn't compatible, or is it maybe just bad RAM? (which might well be likely as I bought the RAM second hand off eBay).

The Ram already in my computer has the specs:
Pc2700u
Cl2.5
DDR 333Mhz

The RAM I bought is:
PC2100R
Cl2.5
DDR

Thanks for your help

Zar - if the system works fine w/o the new ram and only beeps at startup with the new ram, it's 99% likely the ram is bad, or wrong for the system.

Tom

Rukee

Banned
if your computer takes PC2700(333MHz), why did you buy PC2100(266MHz)?? Exchange the stick for a PC2700 CL2.5.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online