1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram mounts broken?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by meektv, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. meektv

meektv Thread Starter

[READ]This could be in wrong area but i couldn't for the life of me find the right area.

I have a Dell XPS 15, it's out of warranty of course, but i'm looking to upgrade it abit, and my problem is the Ram mounts that hold the ram into place, the top one is broken. Is there anyway you could replace that, without having the need to buy a new motherboard?

Thanks guys.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

If you are not planning on moving the machine around in the back of your pickup truck, you can use the slot as is.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Are you referring to the side clips that hold the module in place, or are you referring to the slot that the module is inserted into?

The Dell XPS 15 laptop has 3 - 4 different models.
    Which one do you have?
    If you don't know for sure, advise what the 7-character "service tag" number on the sticker is.

----------------------------------------------------------

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    DIMM sockets can be replaced, but not easily. You'd need special equipment and experience.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice