1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ram not initialized in bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by linkraver25, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. linkraver25

linkraver25 Thread Starter

so i just bought two 512 sticks of ram from new egg and placed them in my desktop. My computer properties only reads 512. Cpuz reads both sticks and the bios reads bank one initialized and bank two uninialized. it has me going for a loop since cpuz reads both including the no name manf. any thoughts on this would be super!!
    thanks

2. Fray

Fray

Don't buy no name ram?

Seriously though have you tried swapping the sticks?

3. linkraver25

yup. and it isnt really no name ram. i just wasnt expecting it cpuz to read it.

4. Fray

Fray

When you swap the sticks does it change which banks the bios sees as initialized / not?

5. linkraver25

yeah it still says the same bank isnt initialized. i looked at gateway.com(i knw, dnt buy a gateway) and there is a bios update for my comp. do u guys think it could be tht??

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/843209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice