1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram part numder decoding?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JTF5.0, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTF5.0

JTF5.0 Thread Starter

I have a HP Pavilion 6683 533mhz (max ram=256 2 dimm slots)

My cp has one stick of 168pin 64mb sdram pc100 installed. I recently purchased another stick of 64mb sdram that was supposed to be pc100. It won't recognize the new stick. Swapped slots and the same problem. Tried just the new stick by itself and pc will not boot, just get a beep code of no memory/memory failure. I decided to try it in a buddies Gateway which has a bus speed of 133mhz, same problem occurs. We then tried in it an old Gateway 233 pc66 and it works flawlessly. I think this stick is pc66 instead of pc100.

I'm looking to decode the part number of the new stick of ram to see exactly what speed it is. Is there any websites that I can look to for the info I need?

Here are the numbers I have.

Nec Singapore
    MC-458CB645FA-A108
    9830YE8464

64MB -64/E-A-1.0

Note: This ram was a working pull from a HP computer. This is the tag with the HP info.

HP 1818-7065
    Dimm SDRAM 9ns (8M64)
    Reorder D5363-63001

Thanks
    James

2. mobo

mobo

From this list it shows at 66 mhz.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice