1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RAM (PC-4000) Recognition...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daveyp225, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveyp225

daveyp225 Thread Starter

Hello, I just recently purchased 1-512mb module of HyperX pc4000. I used three programs (cpu-z, pc-wizzard, and sisoft sandra) to check my RAM, and all of them read it as pc3200.

Now, I'm assuming that they show up like this because my motherboard only supports up to ddr400- which is pc3200 (I think...). My motherboard is a p4p800 deluxe. I got this motherboard and memory because I'm overclocking my cpu which is currently a 2.53 533 chip, but I have a 2.8c M0 on order..

My main concern right now is that BestBuy sold me pc3200 in a pc4000 box, but I haven't found any program that will recognise the memory as pc4000. Other people have gotten the same programs to register correct memory speeds greater than pc4000, like crosair pc4200..

Anyone know of some way I can check for sure which module I bought?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

Have you physically looked at the memory? Normally there's some writing on them indicating what they are.

3. Whitestar

Whitestar

The system will only recognize it as PC4000 when u start overclocking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!