1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Ram Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kazumi, May 12, 2019.

1. Kazumi

Kazumi Thread Starter

hi i got a new ram 8gb 1600mhz and 4gb 1600mhz my old ram is 2gb 1333mhz in some cases when i tried to mix the 8gb 1600mhz and 4gb 1600mhz it doesn't boot up but if i mix the 8gb to my old 2gb it works , it works with 4gb and 2gb too i just can't mix the 8 and 4 i don't know why. Now I'm using only 8gb and 2gb
    I'm Windows 7
    My motherboard is A55F2-M3
    it supports to 1866mhz and upto 32gb
    Thanks!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Mixing ram of different speed, voltage, and timings is often problematic [at best]
    If you want it to work, at the very least use ram of the same speed, voltage, and timings.
    You have an ECS motherboard and as such those are pretty low end. You might have a better chance if using a high end asus or gigabyte board however with ECS, I doubt you will ever get it to work correctly with miss-matched ram. If you are ever able to get the system to boot with all of your ram, run memtest for at least 1hr to check the ram. One error in memtest is too much. Again I doubt you will ever get all of the ram working however IF you do, run memtest.

3. Kazumi

Kazumi Thread Starter

thank you sir i will perform memtest, I get it now i think the problem is really on motherboard because i tried it on other computer btw thank you! <3

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice