RAM problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cardboard Box

Hi

I bought a new 1 gb RAM chip to supplement my 512 mbs, and stuck the RAM in fine. But then I could only put in the new 1 gb chip because the 512 with the 1 gb made my computer lock up. Anyone know why? I'm fine with 1 gb, but if i can get 1.5 gbs, it will be much better.

Also, the exact time I put in my new RAM, certain sounds and special effects stopped playing, sounded very soft or sounded distorted in my loudspeaker. :mad:

In medieval total war 2, the voices didn't appear and in Oblivion, the sound of unsheathing, sheathing, hitting and talking was distorted. Strangely enough, the sound of voices was louder when I turned my characters head to look at the talking person sideways. :confused:

Sounds like you might have accidentally jarred loose other connectors within your case.

Open it back up and fully inspect that all connectors are fully seated.

Check the speed of both sticks of RAM, make sure the slower of the two is in the first RAM slot (they should be numbered). As for your sound, do you have a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker setup? It sounds like you've got your speakers plugged into the wrong sockets.

Cardboard Box

Hi

Well, I think the speaker problem has been solved. The speaker kind of died at the same time as I put in the RAM. I got a new speaker now, which works fine. By the way, is sticking in graphics cards very hard cause I wanna put in a new chip except I don't want to pay the extra for the dude to place it in. :D

Naw, its just as easy as RAM, just make sure you get the right one for the slot (PCI-e, AGP etc.) and that your power supply can handle it.

As for the RAM sounds as if the two are just plain and simple incompatible, it happens with RAM its very picky... You may just be stuck with the 1GB for the time being i'm afraid.

Hope that helps :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online