RAM + Processor . can i ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timothye

Hello again ..
I am going to get a memory upgrade again i would like to know ..
i have an MSI MOBO that supports dual channel @ 400 speed ..
i am running now a AMD 2400+ @ 2.0 and the memory i am running in 512 @ 266 speed ...what i want to do is buy this memory here -->
Twinmos DDR 512MB PC3200 400MHz CL2.5

184 iedge connector pads.

Features:
• Clock Frequency: 200/166/133 MHz
• SSTL-2 interface: 3.3 Voltage +/- 0.3V; 2.5 Voltage +/- 0.2 V
• Package: TSOP/j sTSOP/CSP.

Specifikationer:
• Data Transfer Rate: 400/ 333/ 266 Mhz
• Double iData Rate jarchitecture
will this work with my system ...
cheers for the reply . or anyother suggestions .:D

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Yup, the board will likely drop the memory's speed to 266Mhz to match the 266Mhz FSB of the CPU. Even if it will allow you to run the memory at 400Mhz, which most boards will if you set the memory speed to be asynchronous from the bus speed of the CPU it'll be bottlenecked by the slower bus speed of the CPU. It would be much cheaper to just buy another 512MB stick and stick in the system. Dual Channel will probably still work, albiet not as nicely, and you'll have 1GB of RAM, thats if what you use the system for will actually benefit from the additional 512MB of RAM.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online