RAM Query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robaldo

I am running Windows Vista 32-bit on a Acer Aspire L5100 which is currently running with 1gb or RAM.

Over recent weeks I have noticed a major dip in performance due to memory usage.

I believe I have 2 RAM slots, 1GB currently, but instead of buying another 1GB, i was thinking of buying a 2GB stick to make it 3GB in total.

Just a quick question, would there be a problem in running with odd RAM? I wouldnt think so but before buying a 2GB stick to run with 3 i just wanted to make sure.

thanks

robaldo

Also, my machine apparently takes

1GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-5300

would I be ok to buy 240 pin Configuration even though it says 200-pin above?

Think max ram for the L5100 was only two 1 GB sticks. No since buying more than you can use.

Rather use the same ram and ye you can only have a max of 2gigs running..
vista really sucks because its a resource eater lol.
Downgrade to winxp or even get win7 :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online