1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RAM question......i"m new here......

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PimpDaddy, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PimpDaddy

PimpDaddy Thread Starter

ok i have a Hp Vectra 6/400. i have no idea which series it is though. i dont know where to look to find out either???? lol
    Its not the tower style case.....the flat one. i just bought the thing on ebay and its got 64 mb of ram in it now. i want to go to at least 256mb but more than likely 512. im wondering how many pins do the memory chips have, will pc 100 or 133 work, and does it have to be installed in pairs?

thanks for any help you guys can give me! :)

2. Rockn

Rockn

No manulas or anything?? I would have insisted on it. You would be better off going to HP's web site and looking up the model and documentation.

3. PimpDaddy

PimpDaddy Thread Starter

been there. didnt find much! :(

4. brianF

brianF

5. PimpDaddy

PimpDaddy Thread Starter

i believe its a series 8. i saw the same computer (looked the same) on their auction and it said series 8. i know it has 3 dim slots in it also. according to that site it will hold 768mb!! woo ha
    so if this page is correct.....any single dimm chip will work. corrcect?

also.......would it be 168 pin?

thanks guys!!!

6. brianF

brianF

If you have the correct series crucial's page will give you the correct info

And if it is dimms it will be 168 pin

7. PimpDaddy

PimpDaddy Thread Starter

thanks bro!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice