1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SmartParts97, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmartParts97

SmartParts97 Thread Starter

I have 512mb of pc2700 ram in my computer right now and i was gonna get another 512 stick of ram but im worried that my 2 peices of ram wont be compatable. I want to get kingston. Do you think that its worth it

2. uthanatos

uthanatos

Download the CPUz program from this site

Check all the features of your RAM, FSB, Timings and all, you can go and buy a RAM with the exact same features.
    Check also the features of your motherboard to learn if the Memory you need is buffer or unbafured, and you can stick a new chip.

Kingston is a very good trademark for RAM chips, i trust her for mine.

you can also go to their site and check what type of memory you can have in you PC (www.kingston.com)

Good Luck on buying the correct RAM i found out for the above after wasting 50 EUR for a chipset of RAM that doesn't feet my M/B;)

3. uthanatos

uthanatos

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice