Ram running high

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mattyboy9999

I have a speedometre like device on my computer to show my cpu usage %, and ram%, my ram is always running very high over 85%. Is this normal??
can somebody please give me some advice, many thanks in advance...

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
mattyboy9999 said:
I have a speedometre like device on my computer to show my cpu usage %, and ram%, my ram is always running very high over 85%. Is this normal??
We would need to know what OS and programs are running, how much RAM, which CPU, and whether you have onboard or separate graphics.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
mattyboy9999 said:
Consumption of memory depends on what you are running.
A percentage now depends on what you are running and how much ram is installed.

Windows attempts to make best use of as much installed ram as it needs in order to run well.

Also, ram is there to be used and not necessarily something to monitor.

valis

you can always use process explorer, sort of like task manager on steroids. Not entirely sure it will fit your needs, as I am somewhat unsure as to what your needs are.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online