1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram slot 1?/

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by muskle, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. muskle

muskle Thread Starter

Trying to Overclock i think i fried ram slot 1 - I tried using 4 different sets (all matching) in slot 1 and 3 - nothing would get a good post (sigh) However in good news the ram stick that was in the slot is still good =o)

However, I tried booting with ram in slot 2 and 4 - but nothing would get a good post - is there a way to do it - rather than just running ONE stick in slot 3?

Mobo: P5B-Deluxe wifi/ap

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

I doubt you fried a ram slot without frying the ram. Can you run just 1 stick in #1 and will it run? Did you ever match this board to ram?
    To help you more you will have to tell us your hardware.

3. muskle

muskle Thread Starter

I actually had it running fine with it until i tried to overclock =o) Then i used the jumper to restore.

Hardware:
    2GB g.skill 6400
    P5B Deluxe - Wifi/ap

The other ram I tested thoroughly
    1gb NonameBrand 4200

4. muskle

muskle Thread Starter

My computer wont post with any type of ram i have in slots 1 & 3 , or 2 & 4

BUT it will post when I have it either in just slot 3, or slot 3 & 4. So my question is, what differences will i notice if any if i have it in slot 3 & 4? - My system reads it as 2gb still

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

It will run just as if it was in 1 and 2, no dual channel but normal. If you can get it to run in 2 and 4 it will run the same as if 1 and 3.

6. muskle

muskle Thread Starter

3 and 4 are running dual channel - or are at the speed of it, i ran everest and its at 7900 give or take a few numbers

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/524012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice