1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram thingy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ButchS, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ButchS

ButchS Thread Starter

Hi first post on this forum. I have three pc100 chips 64 meg(unknown Brand) 32(UB) and a 256 micron. I was wandering if if could arrange them for optimal performance or if it was all done automatic i only have three memory slots. I asked because after i installed the 256 chip in the third slot it was actually slower than before??? Thanx

2. brianF

brianF

Guess I would try the 256 in the first slot, the other two in the last two slots.
    Maybe even leave the 32 and 64 out and see if performance picks up

3. deuce

deuce

What is the max for each slot?

4. ButchS

ButchS Thread Starter

The max for each slot is 512 so i should be alright. I will try the 256 alone and then add the others thanx.

5. sdp3501

sdp3501

First Name:
    Shawn
    How the heck can you tell what the max for each slot is? Size?

6. deuce

deuce

He can tell most easily by looking in his manual or checking his specs on the internet or maybe he just remembers what the max is from when he bought the mobo. His board obviously supports up to 1536 mb and so he has 3 slots... so with 512 each equals 1536 mb.

7. sdp3501

sdp3501

First Name:
    Shawn
    i get it...thanks!

8. deuce

deuce

No problem... :) I'm ready it now and noticed I may have come off a little wrong... I'm sorry if I did.

9. sdp3501

sdp3501

First Name:
    Shawn
    That ok. ;) you really gave me some good tips as i had no real clue only hunches...

10. deuce

deuce

Well that's what TSG is for... :D I learn new things just about everyday it seems. Stick around a while... we're just one big happy family. :)

11. sdp3501

sdp3501

First Name:
    Shawn
    thank you. i will hang around! it seems like the first question leads to 10 more!! naturally curious i guess!!

12. deuce

deuce

Yea I know what ya mean... we usually try to stay on topic but we easily go astray... oh well. It's only natural for one to ramble (especially me as some people here know) and so that is why we have a whole thread dedicated to it. You should stop by... but it is hard to follow because those guys have been talking so fast lately. Subjects change with the blink of an eye. It was started in early nov. and by the 12th or so of dec. we reached 1000 posts and already we are way over 2000 as of today. :eek: See what I mean?... here I go again... :D I have already recieved an honorary "official rambler" certificate from the guys here... :D

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!