Ram Troubles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Yeehaakankin

Hi guys very new to here but i have a Qn regarding Installing Ram.
Purchased new 512 mb RAM to add to current 1.0Gb Ram, and installed but when i checked out system info it still says 1.0Gb not 1.5GB. Tried changing the three around numerous times but still only 1.0Gb comes up. Is there something i have forgotten to do ????
System uses DDR RAM and all three cards are 400!!
Or is there a program that will tell me exactly what my system is and running so i can post it up here so it may be easier to help.
Cheers Adam

Yeehaakankin

How do i check for compatibility with mother board. As far as i can see it has the 3 ddr slots for ram, and 1st slot uses 2 banks, slots 2 & 3 share remaining 2 banks?? That's as much as i can find

Go to your motherboard website and locate your model number ,from there you should be able to find out how much ram is supported and what makes are compatable.

Yeehaakankin

Well here is what i can find about how much the motherbaord can supporrt

GA-8IE533
Intel 845E chipset

Processor
Socket 478 for Intel® Pentium® 4 processor

533/400 MHz FSB

Chipset
Intel® 845E

Intel® 82801DB ICH4

Realtek ALC650 PCI sound controller chip

Super I/O: ITE8702 chip

1 x 2M bit flash ROM

Memory
Type: DDR266 (PC 2100) / DDR200(PC1600) 184 pin (2.5v)

Max capacity: Up to 2 GB by 3 DIMM slots
So ican't see why adding a further 512Mb card to the third DIMM slot shouldn't allow me to run the system at 1.5Gb of RAM???
Any thoughts on this

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online