ram upgrade computer won't boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

assefa

I have a soyo, p4 1.70g, motherboard, and 40 gb hd.
Ok so here is the deal, I had 2100 256 ddr in slot 1, I went and bought 1,2700 512ddr installed both the 256 and 512 ddr. So I turned on my comp and my screen is blank saying no signal following with 2 loud beeps coming from my mobo.i can hear the the computer running and it tryes to boot but it shuts off before windows logo comes on, So now I took out the new ram and left the old one in, not working , then I tried alone 1 512 in slot 1, still not working. Iv tried unpluging all the cords in the back, still nothing. the activity light is on . I have no Idea what to do now .
thank you in advance for yor fast reply....

First of all... you have two different speeds of RAM 2100 + 2700 = Bad... if you upgrade you must make sure that your PC is compatible with the RAM and make sure that the RAM u will use is the same speed as the stuff already installed... in this case you should have purchased more 2100 memory if you were just looking to add on. There are sites out there that will tell you all the information you need to know about what your PC will take so long as you have the make and model # of the PC. www.crucial.com is a good place to go...

Please note:
Compatible Types of RAM with your system
Max amount of RAM it takes
If the RAM can be replaced one at a time or both at the same time
If you PC can take faster RAM

As for your PC not starting up you may want to set your bios back to factory defaults and try the original RAM ONLY in your PC.

assefa

i have intel p4 1.70ghz soyo sy-p4vte m/b that is the brand of the motherboard in the case of the two diffrent chips set i have tried one by one and either one are working.
the system starts booting up but it shuts down as soon as the windows logo appears and it boots up again and it shuts off.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online