RAM upgrade Dell XPS720

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spudy12

Hi,
I'm looking to buy a RAM upgrade or fresh set of RAM for my dell xps 720.
I don't know much about ram and what the best things are to look for so a little hand would be great!

I want the top end ram, and am i right in assuming the higher the speed the better?

i have run the crucial ram scanner and here are the results
http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=15C5EC0D31D926C3

I know that i need 240 pin for my system and that it only supports DDR2, so does anyone know the best ram for my pc?
(This computer is used for a lot of high end performance applications and gaming, so looking to up its specs abit haha)

Many thanks

Spud

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Look at the sticker and advise what the 7-character service tag number is. That will allow the Dell support site that's specific only to your computer to be accessed, and the system configuration section will show which RAM module(s) came installed in it.

The CRUCIAL and MEMORYTEN sites are both good sites to purchase RAM modules. I've been using them for about 4 years.

According to the CRUCIAL site, your computer uses DDR PC2- 5300 or DDR2 PC2-6400 or DDR2 PC2-8500 modules.

According to the MEMORYTEN site and the MEMORYSTOCK site, your computer uses DDR2 PC2-5300 or DDR2 PC2-6400 modules.

The CRUCIAL site does tend to list higher speed modules.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online