1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram upgrade for XP PRO

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cjbtaylor, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor Thread Starter

Ive just installed XP PRO and my current Laptop is P3 800 with 128 Ram and seems to be slow, and struggling, I have 2 Ram slots and wondered if I get 2 256 Ram cards will that speed things up a bit and also make applications work faster
    :confused:

2. Hanibal

Hanibal

XP pro requires at least 256 RAM to function "properly"

if i were you i would go for 512 RAM especially if you are a gamer. if you are not disregard this :)

3. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor Thread Starter

Thought so, ive got 2 256 cards on order as they were at the bargain price of £29 each so hopefully it will get better I just wasn't sure

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice