1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deadonkey, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadonkey

deadonkey Thread Starter

Hi,

First time Ive tried to do this but here goes.

I am trying to upgrade the RAM on my Packard Bell Dot SE Netbook.
    The Model number on the bottom says Model: PAV80
    I have got 2gb of DDR2 667Mhz.

But im having trouble getting the rear cover off the underside of the netbook.

Instead of having access panels like most netbooks have for the RAM and the Hard disc it has one that seems to pop off and is held on by clips.

I can unclip it by prying it off with a small screwdriver but it wont come off all the way round.
    Has anyone got any dissasembly instructions for this netbook.

I have found a video on youtube that is the same as my netbook, well it looks it from the top but the underside is totally different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5U6fuiqKKY&feature=channel

Thats the you tube video which looks easy enough but my netbook underside looks as the photo:

White paper is to hide the serial numbers as per forum rules.

Any ideas on how this large panel comes off?

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice