RAM vs. RW...Myth?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KaIIen

True or false...
I have heard that DVD-RAM is better for data storage than RW. I don't really want to use R for the simple reason that I want to be able to change and delete things. Anyways, what I understand is that RW discs begin to de-crystalize almost as soon as you copy data to them. At the same time, I've heard that RAM discs do not de-crystalize because of how the disc is made. Is this true?
So that means that, besides a second hard drive, RAM discs are good for backup storage? Also, RWs can only be used so many times (1000?) while RAM discs can be formated like 100,000 times. Again, true?
I have search on Google, but I get mixed results. Thanks!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I would have to say yes, because of the different technology employed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online