1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fireax29, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireax29

fireax29 Thread Starter

I am installing new RAM pc133 on a gateway professional 700mhz celeron it originally came with 64 megs of ram i called gateway and they said I can use any kind of pc133. I put 256 in the computer and nothing came up on the screen. I then tried 2 sticks 128mb each and still the same thing. Then I tried the 64mb that came with the computer mixed with one of the 128's and it worked. I was installing xp home on the computer and it crashed in setup. then I put in just the 64 and xp was running setup fine but as we all know 64mb is no good for xp. May I please get some help.

2. brianF

brianF

Go to www.crucial.com and look up the correct type of memory for your specific computer, it really sounds like the new memory is not compatible. Crucial should give you the right type and you can cross reference what you have already bought to see if it should work or not

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116208

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice