1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ram

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yvo, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yvo

Yvo Thread Starter

I plan to but some more ram and some oeople tell me all ram is the same and others say there is a difference - the more expensive ones are safer, etc. ???

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Yvo
    Welcome to TSG!
    There are significant differences in types of RAM and which one is designed for your motherboard. It would help if you let us know what make and model your machine is if its a brand name or if it is custom built then the Motherboard make and model is necessary.

Dave

3. Yvo

Yvo Thread Starter

Hi: I'm trying to reply to the reply to my last ( and only! question)
    My motherboard is Express micro Pentium 111/450 EM308505. Is that the info you want. the ram I'm getting is transcend. Thanks for help

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

Yvo
    With the information given I cannot find anything listed. I assume you mean Micro Express unit instead of Express Micro. Given Micro Express they use Motherboards from several different Manufacturers. Will need more specific info about motherboard in unit.

Try downloading and running AIDA32.exe from Here and see if it defines what is in your unit.

Dave

5. vynsane

vynsane

you can also go to www.crucial.com and download the "belarc advisor" there... it gives you all kindsa info on your system... crucial.com is a huge seller/manufacturer of memory modules, so they are a good bet for finding compatible ram...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice