1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by raji, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raji

raji Thread Starter

I have a notebook with 256 RAM. I want to upgrade it to 512.
    The memory module reads:

PC133s-333-542
    M464S32S4CT5-L7A
    Samsung-202
    K4S561632C-TC75
    ATGE45XX KOREA

Could you please suggest me what kind of memory is this( SDRAM, DRAM ???), bus speed and CAS( CL-2 or CL-3).

Is it good to have the additional memory from Samsung only. Are viking, crucial memories good?

Raji

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Hello raji,

Best thing to do is to go to a site like www.crucial.com and enter your PC's model information into their search engine. It will tell you how many slots you have, what the maximum memory is you can put in there, and the type of memory you need.

From the information you listed, it looks like it's PC133 SDram. But notebook memory can be a little strange.

Generally, people recommend not mixing different brands as it can cause compatibility problems. Sometimes mixing works, sometimes it doesn't.

If your computer can take two sticks of ram then definitely try to find the same kind that you already have.

If you're in the USA, www.pricewatch.com is a good place to start shopping.

good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice