1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ram

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gwopboy814, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gwopboy814

gwopboy814 Banned Thread Starter

if my cpu max is 8 can i put 8

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. You need to post your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact ram now installed, and exact operating system ie windows 32bit, windows 64bit.
    If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, then post the exact brand, model# and service tag#
    Without that info, no one can tell you how much ram your system can use

3. gwopboy814

it say 8 i said that already

4. gwopboy814

says max ram compacity 8gb have 4 in it now wondering can i do 8

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, you are NOT understanding. If you want an answer, you need to post the info requested. No one can help you until they know what motherboard you are using, what ram is now installed, AND what operating system you are running.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    gwopboy814:

The processor(CPU) in your computer may support 8 GB of RAM, but that doesn't necessarily mean its motherboard or Windows operating system supports that amount.

That's why we need to know the description of your computer's motherboard or a description of your computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------

7. gwopboy814

i figured it out with a real tech guy with the info I provided not that serious simple question thanks for nothing guys stop trying to make it harder than what it is you guys need a life this site sucks

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    There's pretty much nothing that we can do from here when NO information is given to us to work with.
    Your "real tech guy" either had a hands-on with your computer or you gave him certain information that you didn't give us.

---------------------------------------------------------------

lynx1021 likes this.
  9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice