Ram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hummer

I have taken out 4MB of Ram out of an old computer. Will this help my current computer become a little faster and if so do I just need to pop it in?
Thanks in advance

Just curious what did you take it out of?
I can't imagine that it will fit or work in your new computer!

hummer

it was this super old computer that we are throwing away and i just thought i would check to see if this would work- guess not!! lol. How much is a stick of RAM, what size should I get and will it increase my speed, easy to install?

It's easy to install. What you need and how much it costs depends. How much RAM do you have now and what is your operating system? Also what is the make and model of your system or if not a brand then the same info on your motherboard.

hummer

i currently have 64MB of RAM and am running windows 98, the 4MB of RAM i have looks to be too small to fit the slot i have now for RAM, i think the motherboard is a VIA with the number VT82C598MVP underneath it and i think the system is an AWArd modular, i hope that info is alright

thanks

hummer said:
I have taken out 4MB of Ram out of an old computer. Will this help my current computer become a little faster and if so do I just need to pop it in?
Thanks in advance
No

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online