ram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rgray21

whats the difference between low and high density in ram? does it make any difference when buying. i'm looking for 256mb pc133 sdram

Couriant

James
moving to hardware for better assistance.

To be honest I don't think there is any noticable difference, consider its older memory.

Basically, low density RAM has chips on only one side of the stick, while high density RAM has chips on both sides. Some motherboards were compatible with only low density RAM, so high density will not work in them. If you have the choice, I think it would be better to get low density, just in case yours is not compatible...but if you have the manual for your motherboard, it might say it there, or post the model of your motherboard, and someone can probably figure it out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online