1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ram

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joeyDneedshelp, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joeyDneedshelp

joeyDneedshelp Thread Starter

okayy well i just reformatted this comp and when i right click My Computer, Properties, it says i only have 96.0 MB of RAM? so i turned it off and looked inside and it looked liked two 256 Mb sticks of RAM.....Any help with this please im really confused :/

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What is the amount of RAM that shows in BIOS after the verification goes thru?

3. joeyDneedshelp

How do i find that? I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff :)

4. golferbob

golferbob

just right click on "my computer " - click on properties ,ram should be near the bottom.

5. joeyDneedshelp

thats what i was talkin about "okayy well i just reformatted this comp and when i right click My Computer, Properties, it says i only have 96.0 MB of RAM?" i did it

6. Athan

Athan

Try taking out the RAM from the slots clean them up and then re insert them !
    See if that fixes it !

~a

7. bodhost.co.uk

bodhost.co.uk

It is your ram problem or your OS problem please try to reinstall your pc and let us know

8. joeyDneedshelp

what do u mena re-install it? i just reformatted it cause i had 96 MB befre lol i wil try to clea them though thankss

9. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    When you first power up the PC watch the screen, there should be numbers there that show how much Ram is installed, the numbers may count up to the total.

Press the Pause key to 'freeze' the screen if it only shows for a short time.

If you can see it post back with the total.

10. joeyDneedshelp

i didnt seem to see any numbers what-so-ever come up...is it like right when u start it? cause the first thing is a big DELL WWW.DELL.COM splash screen....maybe it just runs in the backround and i dont see it?

11. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Like the poster, nothing like you say should occur happens when I boot up. I have never heard of this occurring. Info would be appreciated.

{redoak}

12. joeyDneedshelp

yeahhh i dont see anything either man....maybee u took off the splash screen or something

13. joeyDneedshelp

14. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

No, the usual two "screens" appear when I boot up- what i would call the "splash screen" that quickly goes to a temporary black screen with arrow and hour glass, and then the "welcome screen."

{redoak}

15. joeyDneedshelp

umm i think our computers are different cause i've watched my comp boot up several times and i dont ever see any numbers on it :\

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice