Ram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joeyDneedshelp

okayy well i just reformatted this comp and when i right click My Computer, Properties, it says i only have 96.0 MB of RAM? so i turned it off and looked inside and it looked liked two 256 Mb sticks of RAM.....Any help with this please im really confused :/

What is the amount of RAM that shows in BIOS after the verification goes thru?

just right click on "my computer " - click on properties ,ram should be near the bottom.

joeyDneedshelp

thats what i was talkin about "okayy well i just reformatted this comp and when i right click My Computer, Properties, it says i only have 96.0 MB of RAM?" i did it

Try taking out the RAM from the slots clean them up and then re insert them !
See if that fixes it !

~a

joeyDneedshelp

what do u mena re-install it? i just reformatted it cause i had 96 MB befre lol i wil try to clea them though thankss

managed

Allan
When you first power up the PC watch the screen, there should be numbers there that show how much Ram is installed, the numbers may count up to the total.

Press the Pause key to 'freeze' the screen if it only shows for a short time.

If you can see it post back with the total.

joeyDneedshelp

i didnt seem to see any numbers what-so-ever come up...is it like right when u start it? cause the first thing is a big DELL WWW.DELL.COM splash screen....maybe it just runs in the backround and i dont see it?

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
managed said:
When you first power up the PC watch the screen, there should be numbers there that show how much Ram is installed, the numbers may count up to the total.

Press the Pause key to 'freeze' the screen if it only shows for a short time.

If you can see it post back with the total.
Like the poster, nothing like you say should occur happens when I boot up. I have never heard of this occurring. Info would be appreciated.

{redoak}

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
No, the usual two "screens" appear when I boot up- what i would call the "splash screen" that quickly goes to a temporary black screen with arrow and hour glass, and then the "welcome screen."

{redoak}

joeyDneedshelp

umm i think our computers are different cause i've watched my comp boot up several times and i dont ever see any numbers on it :\

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online